Browser: Google Chrome
CallHippo works in all the browsers. Making sure the browser is up to date and properly configured is key to an optimal CallHippo use.
Make sure you have the latest version of Google Chrome (we recommend Chrome for the best experience and call quality as the WebRTC support is more mature than in Firefox, which is the second-best option). Here is a link to check if you have the latest Google Chrome version.
Please do the following to ensure that your permissions are enabled properly:
- When you first log into CallHippo Dialer you must click Allow to the below prompt:
- If you clicked Block, don't worry! You will see a red “X” over a video camera icon in your URL bar. This means CallHippo doesn't have permission to access your microphone. If you hover over this icon you should see the following:
To fix this:
- Click on the camera icon.
- Change to: Always allow dialer.callhippo.com and click: Done
- You must then refresh your browser and click "Reload". In some cases, you may also need to log out of CallHippo and close the browser (all windows) and then re-open.
Specific browser extensions can block some CallHippo functionalities, including the audio, and cause the interface to behave unexpectedly:
Here is a list of extensions you should avoid when using CallHippo:
- Adblock Plus
- HTTPS Everywhere
- WebRTC Network Limiter
Please make sure you are not using these extensions. In case you have these installed, please follow these instructions to remove an extension from Google Chrome:
- On your Google Chrome browser, click the menu.
- Select More tools > Extensions.
- On the extension, you want to remove, click Remove from Chrome.
- A notice to remove the extension will appear. Click Remove.
In case of any query, Kindly mail us at support at callhippo.com.